Interruption marketing is like that “friend” who calls only when she wants something. Email marketing is about earning the respect and attention of your prospects so that they want to hear from you.
1. Sign up for an autoresponder.
2. Create an opt-in box.
3. Make a compelling offer in exchange for their email address.
4. Deliver what you promised. Follow up regularly with useful content to keep them coming back.
5. Only after you’ve added value, are you allowed to sell. They’ll be more willing to listen.
6. Keep sending them free content. Good friends stay in touch.